Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday March 13, 2009

This morning I set my alarm for 0545 because I have to go to Rosebush to see cousin Peg. On days I have morning activities I perform 1/2 of my normal routine, i.e. I run 1 mile instead of 2. I left for Rosebush at 0900. It was a beautiful sunny day. Cousin Peg was in a good mood and we had lunch at the Diner on Old 27. We met with her accountant and Peg got some good news and bad news. The bad news was that she lost money in the stock market. The good news was that she did not have to pay any taxes. When we got back to her apartment I helped her write some checks. Peg listens to her satellite radio (40s music) and also listens to audio books. The Rosebush library is within walking distance and she walked over this week and ordered some new books.

It was such a nice day I took the scenic route home. This afternoon Nancy took Ms Petunia to the vet. Ms Petunia is recovering well and we will start weaning her off the prescription drugs.

Tonight Nancy and I had dinner at the Brandywine. It is 8:15 and I want to finish this blog soon so I can watch old Red Skeleton TV clips on PBS. I loved Red Skeleton especially his radio show.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG said they were experiencing flooding and that the gravel roads had turned to mud. He drove to Hubbard Lake to see my grandparents. They were home by 4 PM. GG noted that Aunt Laura had her birthday on March 8 and his is coming up on St Patrick's Day, March 17.

No comments: