Tuesday, August 29, 2023

August 29, 2023

 August 29, 2023

Blog time 1645 sitting in office.

Slept in until 0740.  Nancy was already up and getting ready for her treadmill/stationary bike routine at MVP.

Today, except for chin/pull ups I did all my calisthenics at home.  Fixed oatmeal w/blueberries for breakfast.  My weather app said rain possible.  I wore my rain resistant jacket and pedaled the 5 miles to MVP.  Encountered no rain but it was very humid and threatening.  

At MVP I did my chin/pull ups.  It takes about 15 minutes.  Got back on bike and headed to Forest Hill Foods.  Bought bagel and Starbucks coffee before settling down to read the morning papers.

Yesterday was the first day of school for most public schools in Mi.  Hiring mental health pros for schools seems to be the thing this year.  I don’t think we had any when I was in school.  

This and that:

I am so tired of reading about Trump’s upcoming trial.  

Also Kwaye West should disappear.  Who really cares, I sure don’t.

The fighting in Ukraine seems to have moved to the back pages.

The “The Daily Mail” sure likes to pick on the Pres because of his stumbles.

Left Forest Hills and pedaled 2 miles home.  Total bike miles today, 10. It started to pour down rain just as I was finishing my ride.

Showered, shaved and dressed, waited for Nancy to get home from lunch.  Nancy had lunch in the main dining room.  She had quiche.

We drove to Meijer’s so Nancy could pick up a prescription.  We also bought bananas and grapes.  The rain had stopped and the sun was out.

I finished the afternoon with a nap.  Attended Happy Hour and had dinner in the main dining room.  The place was empty.

Tonight we watched another episode of the “Red Dalhia”.  Good show will finish tomorrow.

It is now 2110 and I have Breakfast Club tomorrow.  Time for bed.



No comments: