Monday, August 28, 2023

August 28, 2023

 Monday August 28, 2023

Blog time 1415 sitting in office.

Good grief the last week of summer already!  Time flies when having fun.

Slept in until 0730.  It was sunny but temperature was a cool 48.

Nancy headed out at 0800 for her Monday swim at MVP.  This morning I did all my calisthenics except pull-up/chin-ups at home.  I had a banana for breakfast.

Put on warm clothes and headed out.  This morning I raised my bike seat 1”.  It makes the bike ride more efficient.  

Pedaled 5 miles to MVP.  I only did the chin/pull up routine,  takes about 10 minutes.  I pedaled 2+ miles to Forest Hills Foods.  Bought a bagel and Starbucks coffee.  Read the Michigan papers.  Both the Alpena News and Detroit News are very limited on local news.  However, it was reported that the Alpena High administration established LGBTQ+ standards.  Can you image such standards in 1952?

Got home at 1245.  Total miles today 10.

For lunch today I had a cup of yogurt with grape nuts covering.  I prefer Fiber 1 cereal but have not been able to find it in stores lately.

I found time this afternoon for a short nap.  Is afternoon napping good?

This date in 1938, Ossineke, Mi.  Great grandfather Sanborn wrote it was Sunday, cool with light rain.  GGF attended the baseball game Ossineke 6, Chalson Hill 5.  Dinner at Laura’s church, 12 in attendance.

It is now 1650.  We will leave for Happy Hour shortly.  Tonight we had dinner with the Paul’s and Reese’s.  Very enjoyable.

We watched an episode of “Red Dahila” on BritBox.  It was good.

It is now 2125, Nancy has headed to bed.  As soon as I finish today’s blog I will read the WSJ and then head to bed.

Nancy called Debbie to thank her for her birthday gift.  It came today.

I just finished reading the WSJ.  WSJ is about the only US paper that is not woke.  I read and enjoy daily.



No comments: