Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 27, 2023

 Sunday August 27, 2023

Blog time 1711 sitting in office.

Slept in until 0730 this morning.  First thing, I wished Nancy Happy Birthday.  Yes folks today Nancy celebrates.  She got greetings from her children, grandchildren and her sister, Peg.  Yesterday my sister, Helen called.  

Yesterday Steve and Veronica sent a fruit basket. I have helped Nancy finish some items especially the chocolate covered apples.

This morning we attended church at Trinity Lutheran.  Big turnout today.  The church blessed kid’s school backpacks. 

The Grandson of Eric Gohkle was baptized.  The two Gohkle brothers and family are from my hometown and they all attended today’s service.

After church we took our Sunday ride through the country side.  Today we headed east to Lowell. Ended up at Panera for coffee and a croissant.

At home I put on bike clothes and headed out on a 9 mile ride.  Today I took my old Cannondale Bad Boy.  It has been several months since I have ridden this bike.  I stayed away from hills.  My new bike the Surly is great on hills because of its 11 speeds.  The Cannondale has only 8 speeds.

After the ride I showered and then took a nap.  We had a light dinner and watched the news. 

Right now Nancy has been talking with her old friend Kathy for over an hour.  As soon as the conversation is over we will resume watching “London Kills”.

This and that:

Last night we had dinner at the “Bone Fish Grill”.  It is kind of an upscale place.  The young women were nicely dressed but the young men wore dirty tees and baggy shorts.  

Teachers are retiring and we have a big shortage.  What has happened.  Can’t blame it all on Covid.  When my sister and Nancy got out of college, teachers were well paid and respected.

I like the looks of the Ford electric Mustang.  Checked the price and it is close to $70,000.  Good news to replace our Escape the cost is $30,000.  I did not think this was bad.

Trump is still the elephant in the room.  I think a strong candidate has to emerge to take on this clown.  Another 4 years of Biden would be terrible for the country.

College football starts soon.  I have no interest.

Nancy spoke with Kathy for over an hour.  We just finished watching “London Kills”.  

It is now 2130 and I am going to bed.  Good night.




No comments: