Thursday, August 24, 2023

August 24, 2023

 Thursday August 24, 2023

Blog time 2120, sitting in den during tornado warning

Up at 0730.  Dark with light mist.  Temp near 70.

Nancy headed early to MVP for stationary bike/treadmill routine.

Fixed oatmeal breakfast w/blueberries.  Completed most of routine except pull/chin ups at home. Headed out at 0900 for MVP.  It was very humid.  My glasses kept fogging up.

At MVP I finished my morning routine.  It was still misting so I headed home.  Showered, shaved and put on dry clothes.  Drove to Panera for coffee and bagel.  Read the Michigan papers.  Sure sign Fall is here, Alpena plays their first football game tonight.

Today we are getting our carpets cleaned.  Nancy and I picked up the apartment best we could.  The cleaners arrived at 1330 and it took over an hour to complete the cleaning.  The carpet looks great.

This afternoon a piano concert was held in the theater across from our apartment.  The theater was full.  The pianist was the grandson of a resident.  He attends Stanford.  Good show.

I took a short walk this afternoon.  The temp was 90 and very humid.

Nancy and I attended Happy Hour followed by dinner in the main dining room.  After dinner we retired to our apartment to watch some TV.  We just got settled when a tornado warning went off.  A lot of thunder and lightning but no damage.

2130, Nancy just headed to bed.  I still have to read the WSJ but when I finish I will also head to bed.   

No comments: