Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 12, 2023

 Saturday August 12, 2023

Another restless night.  I did find out that if I elevate my head I can sleep better.  Will bring up my sleep wedge today.

I have a gravelly voice but no sore throat.  I blame my problem on MG.  I am upping my dosage of MG pills.

Breakfast today at “Gathering Place”.  I had oatmeal, scrambled egg, toast and coffee.  Nancy only had toast and coffee.

After breakfast we drove north thru Ada.  Progress is being made on the new Ada Village.  I like the addition but our neighbors think it is tacky.  What do they know?

We ran into intermittent rain this morning.  No bike today.  At home Nancy started the laundry.  I did some office cleanup.

Several communities are celebrating VJ Day this week.  On 14 August 1945 the Japanese surrendered ending WWII.

I remember the day,  Dad and I were visiting my Uncle and Aunt on Oldfield Street in Alpena when all the church bells started ringing.  Dad, who was City Manager of Alpena at the time, stopped the Fire Chief, Tanky McKim and asked why the bells.  He was told the Japanese had surrendered.

At 1300 Nancy and I left for Clifford Lake in Montcalm County.  The women who purchased Scott Civil Engineer, Carol Smith, had invited Nancy and I to the Company picnic.  

It was a beautiful drive from home to Clifford Lake.  Carol and her husband live full time on the Lake.  They have a nice home right on the beach.

We had all the standard picnic fare including some great cookies that Carol’s daughter had made.  I got to meet several new engineers including the young lady who runs the Gaylord office.  I must tell my sister that the Gaylord office is going gangbusters.

Nancy and I spent an enjoyable two hours at the picnic.  We left for home with a big sack of chocolate chip cookies.

At home I took a short nap.  No dinner tonight we just snacked on chocolate chip cookies.

Debbie called tonight and we brought her up to date on our medical condition.  Last week Nancy and I had two doctor’s appointments each.  

Tonight we watched another episode of “Lincoln Lawyer”.  Finished the evening reading the WSJ. In bed at 2230.



No comments: