Wednesday, August 23, 2023

August 23, 2023

 Wednesday August 23, 2023

Blog time 1630 sitting in office.

Today is my easy Wednesday.

Up at 0730 did all my calisthenics at 50%.

Got on bike and headed to Ada, a distance of 6 miles.  It was cloudy with temps in low 70s.  It is now 1630 and the temp is 90.

Parked my bike at Ada Bike.  Next door is Nonna’s Pantry.  I bought a coffee and a banana bread muffin.  Sat outside and read Michigan papers.  

In north east Michigan all the small high schools play 8 man football. Onaway, Roger City, Alcona, Hillman, Posen and Atlanta to name a few.  Great idea for small schools.

This and that:

I am surprised at the number of mature women who have tattoos.  A small tattoo is ok but full arm coverage is a bit much.

Fall is coming fast.  The trees have some color, and acorns and walnuts cover the pavements.

Big GOP debate tonight.  Trump is sitting out but he has an interview with Tucker Carlson.  Who is this clown Tucker?

Lately I have seen a number of young men driving their trucks and holding a big Trump flag.  Stupid!

President Biden keeps making speaking mistakes.  The Daily Mail loves to report when he screws up.

I got home from Ada at 1130.  Total miles was 12.  Temperature was nearing 90.  

Showered and dressed in light summer clothes.  I then ran errands.  Nancy has a birthday coming up so I got her a gift.

Our building has a hair dresser.  Nancy make a 1400 appointment for a cut.  It looks nice.

It is now 1650 and we are heading to Happy Hour.  We are having dinner in the main dining room.

Tonight our dinner mates were Linda and Ed Paul.  Nancy and I each had the shrimp cocktail.  Very good.

Back at the apartment we watched the first episodes of “Above Suspicion”.  It was good.  We also watched the last episode of “Fisk”.  

It is now 2135.  Nancy is in bed.  I will read the WSJ before retiring.  It is 84 outside.  I will leave the AC on all night.

No comments: