Sunday, August 20, 2023

August 17, 2023

 Thursday August 17, 2023

Blog time 1620 sitting in office.

Slept in until 0730 this morning.  Checked weather app and a shower might start in 60 minutes.  I put on my new rain pants and headed out.  I was about a mile into the ride when it started to rain hard.  I cut my ride short, 5 miles.  Good news my new rain pants are great.

Parked the bike and then headed to Starbucks in Forest Hills Foods.  For breakfast I purchased a blueberry/yogurt parfait and a bagel.  Checked email and read Michigan papers. Several articles on mischievous legislators.  

Our apartment was cleaned this morning.  It looks good.

At home I shaved and showered.  I shave only on Tu, Th, and Sat.  After every shower Nancy puts lotion on the hard to reach areas of my back.  I do the rest.  As I age my skin becomes drier all year round.  Daily lotion is a must.

Dr Nguyen had ordered several blood tests for me.  I drove to Spectrum health and had the test done.

On this date in 1938, Ossineke.  GGF Sanborn said it was cool with light rain.  Despite the rain GGF picked corn and apples for delivery to my Grandmother Scott and Great Aunt Julia.  

It is now 1640 and Nancy and I are getting ready for Happy Hour.  Tonight we will have dinner at home.


No comments: