Thursday, August 10, 2023

August 10, 2023

 Thursday August 10, 2023

Blog time 1900 sitting in office.

Slept in until 0730 this morning.  We slept with the windows open so the outside humidity (80%) probably wiped me out.

Nancy left at 0800 for her stationary bike and treadmill at MVP.  I did not leave until 0900.  I arrived at MVP after 5 miles.  I was drenched in sweat.

MVP was empty this morning.  I did the chin-up, pull-up, sit-up routine before heading out.

I biked the 2 miles to Forest Hills Foods.  Bought two cake donuts and a Starbucks coffee.  Read the Alpena and Detroit News before heading home.

At home I showered and shaved.  Today Nancy is having lunch in the dining room.  Took a very short nap.

Left home at 1500 at headed to Meijer’s to pick up a prescription.  After Meijer’s we drove to Dr Santos office on Cherry Street.  Dr Santos is my MG doc.  He gave me a full checkup.  Everything seems under control.

We had dinner tonight at “Shepard’s Grill”.  I had the seafood gumbo and Nancy a Mexican wrap.  Very good.

This and that:

The fires in Maui are terrible.  Massive destruction.

Mi will have an open Senator seat in 24.  A lot of folks are interested.  Hope Trump folks stays out.

Fall is coming.  Noted this morning that I rode over a lot of fallen acorns and walnuts.

Bad decisions by President Biden: getting out of Iraq, forgiving student loans.  Giving Unions a free hand.  Of course his son Hunter.

Tonight we watched an episode of “Coroner”.  Good show.

Nancy headed to bed after the show.  I stayed up and read the WSJ and now am finishing this blog.

On this date in 1938, Ossineke, Mi  GGF Sanborn wrote they had 1/2” of rain.  Julia picked 2 bushels of potatoes, turnips and corn.  (Who on earth eats turnips) 

It is now 2140, temperature is 72 and I am going to bed.





No comments: