Sunday, November 7, 2021

November 6, 2021

 Saturday November 6, 2021

Blog time 1600 sitting in office:

Up this morning at 0700.  We dressed and then headed to the Gathering Place for breakfast.  You know you are a regular because the waitress has already placed your order.  Are we boring or what?

The temperature this morning was in mid 30s but at 0830 the sun came out bright and clear.  Tomorrow sun will be up at 0730.

We took the scenic route home stopping at LMCU so Nancy could renew a CD.  Also stopped at Panera for our free daily coffee.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I took an 11.3 mile bike ride.  Beautiful fall day for a bike ride.  Got home at 1230.  My super-duper Apple Watch said I burned 330 active calories. What is the difference between active and total calories?   My average heart rate was 102BPM.  The heart rate seems high?

Shaved and showered before lunch.

I spent the afternoon in office doing this and that:

After much effort I got our old Apple portable keyboard to work on my new mini.  I typed my monthly note to Grandkids using the keyboard and mini. 

I spent some time reading Alpena News, Detroit News and WSJ.  I think I am now up to date on the news.  Kind of depressing.

Continue putting the summer clothes away and gettin out winter clothes.  Our local NBC news outlet says we will have a cold and snowy winter.  

I watched some of the MSU vs Purdue game.  Did not watch the UM game.  

For dinner tonight we had chicken noodle soup with whole wheat rolls and red raspberries.  The raspberries were grown in Mexico.

I spent some time setting our clocks back to EST.  

Tonight we watched an episode of New Tricks.  We get the show on Prime but for some reason it has commercials.  The New Tricks staff has also changed.  New Tricks is no longer on our preferred list.

Nancy’s friend Kathy Kothe called from Indianapolis.  They spent a long time catching up.

Everything ok when checked the Courtyard before heading to bed.  




No comments: