Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November 22, 2021

Monday November 22, 2021

Blog time 1015 at Panera.

 Up at 0700.  Do my at home calisthenics before breakfast.  I also set up the coffee maker so Helen and Nancy can have there morning coffee.

For the first time this fall I wore long underwear.  My favorite trousers are made of great stretchy material.  However, they are not warm. Long underwear helps. 

Nancy and Helen are leaving for Kitchen 67 at 1100.  They are meeting fellow Albion classmate Karen Horlings for lunch.

After my oatmeal breakfast I drove to the Y.  The sun was up and temps in mid 40s, which is great for November.  Noted the classes at the Y were full but not many individuals working out alone.

Walked, rowed and calisthenics before showering.  Headed to Panera to start my morning read.

It seems that the news media is taking a break from their off the wall reporting.  The SUV crashing into a Holiday Parade in WI and the House passage of the President’s trillion dollar social program dominate.

Mentioned in Sunday’s blog that Nancy and I made a dry run to the Kent Country Club from the Gardens.  We did this because Nancy was going to attend a dinner at the club.  She would leave directly from the Gardens in complete darkness.   After all that effort Nancy got a message this morning that the event at the Club is cancelled.  It is being replaced with a virtual meeting. Apparently the recent Covid outbreak in Kent County lead to the change.

After Panera I made a quick trip to Meijer’s to purchase bananas and a sub sandwich for dinner.  Meijer’s was jammed.  I think a lot of schools and businesses are taking Thanksgiving week off.  They were all at Meijer's.

Nancy and Helen got home from lunch at 1300.  Helen left immediately for Gaylord.  It was great having her visit us.

For dinner tonight I had the sub I purchased earlier. Also part of a scone, cottage cheese and cookies.  

This evening I sat in the den with Nancy we were both reading. At 1930 we then switched to Acorn and watched an episode of “Queens of Mystery”.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  She spent time getting Nancy set up on using ApplePay on her iPhone.  

It was cold when checked the Courtyard before bed.  Noted a bright full moon.

I think on this date in 1963 JFK was shot.  I remember the day.  I was in Vietnam and learned of the shooting at 0400 in the morning while eating breakfast.  It was shocking!




No comments: