Monday, November 29, 2021

November 28, 2021

 Sunday November 28, 2021

Blog time 1730 sitting in living room

Up at 0700.  It was 27 with a nice blanket of snow on the ground.  Dressed and then drove the Escape to Biggby to get our morning coffee.

I was pleasantly surprised that our driveway had been cleared.  Tahoe Drive was not yet plowed but traffic had made a path.  Of course All Wheel drive helps.  AWD is a must in Mi.

Breakfast today of oatmeal and banana.  Also ate a bagel I had purchased at Biggby.

Nancy was worried about snow covered roads so we left for church early.  No problems.

Church was not crowded.  Today is the First Sunday in Advent.  Pastor Dan gave a 10 minute Homily.  Is it in bad taste to time the Homily?

Because of last night’s snow we did not take our normal Sunday drive through local rural areas.  Instead we headed to Meijer’s and bought some fresh fruit on sale.  

I remember as a boy that fresh fruits were not available at this time of year.  My Mother and Grandmother would can fruits in late summer so we could eat them in cold months.  Now a lot of our fruits come from South America.

To get my 20 minutes outside today I took a 1.8 mile walk.  Average pace per mile = 27’43”.  Very slow!

This afternoon was uneventful.  Lunch followed by a nap.  I did put our corn for the deer.

We had a light dinner tonight.  Toast w/peanut butter and blueberries.

We watched some of 60 Minutes this evening.  60 Minutes is getting stale.

Watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.  Nancy headed to bed and I finished reading the GRP. 

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  Everything ok.

Checked the Courtyard just before bed.  Everything was normal.

Just before midnight I looked out our slider and saw 4 deer eating the corn I had put out earlier.  I never tire of watching critters.


No comments: