Thursday, November 18, 2021

November 17, 2021

 Wednesday November 17, 2021

Blog time 2140 sitting in living room.

The alarm goes off at 0530.  Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  Checked the weather and was surprised that it was a very mild 52.

Light sprinkle when headed out. Stopped at Biggby to get a coffee to take with me to BC.  It was pitch black and traffic was heavy.

Usually right after I park my car I take a walk around downtown. Not much pedestrian traffic in downtown at 0645.  I did note a homeless man sleeping in the middle of the sidewalk on Pearl Street.  Found out the man was sleeping on a steam line manhole.  The steam exhaust was warm.

Good crowd at BC this morning.  Most of BC members are men but today we had four potential female members.  That is a good sign. 

We had a great speaker from Home Repair Services.  He explained how they provide home services to low income home owners.  Good talk.

At home I did my normal Wednesday chores.  As soon as Nancy got home we drove to Lake Michigan CU.  I closed my small account.  Nancy got help in changing her password.

Dropped Nancy at home and then made a trip to Macatawa Bank to deposit the LMCU money and also to get my password updated.

Made a quick stop at Panera for coffee and a chance to read the newspapers.  Before heading home I bought bananas at Meijer’s.

It has been raining all day.  Nancy normally works at the Gardens on Wednesday but because of the rain she was told to stay home.  

I did a load of laundry.  Also took a short nap.

With all the rain our backyard is a quagmire.  I had trouble standing up when took ears of corn out for the deer.

Light dinner.

Watched new show on Acorn.  The Madam Blanc Mysteries.  I thought it was good.  Acorn has a good lineup of shows.

It was still raining when checked the Courtyard.  The temperature was in the 50s but will drop to near freezing by morning.

No comments: