Friday, November 12, 2021

November 11, 2021

Thursday November 11, 2021: Veteran’s Day 2021

Blog time 1625, sitting in office.

Up this morning at 0630.  The temperature was a mild 46.  Nancy left at 0800 for her class at MVP.  I did my entire calisthenics routine at home.  Of course the upper body segment was at 50%.  Next week I will start the upper body at 60%.

After my oatmeal breakfast I headed out on my bike ride to Panera.  I took the 8.7 mile route.  Total miles today 11.6.

Ordered coffee and a baguette before settling down for some reading.  Arrived at Panera at 0945 and left for home at 1130.

Nancy is having lunch today with our old neighbor Sonya.  They are eating at The Gathering Place.

I shaved and showered before lunch.  I did get waylaid by not being able to find my charging chords for my bike lights.  After some effort I found them on the floor below my desk.  Bummer.

It started to rain hard about 1230.  Because it is Veterans Day no mail today.  

Speaking of Veteran’s Day today I asked several folks at Panera who I knew were veterans if they knew their service number.  They all did.  No one forgets this number.

Tonight I am taking my Veteran’s card to Applebees for a free meal.  Another Veteran benefit.

After lunch I spent the afternoon in the office reading.  

We left for Applebees at 1700.  The place was jammed with Veterans.  I could tell they were Vets by their hats and jackets.  Maybe I should get a Navy hat.  We waited about 20 minutes.

The free meal menu for Veterans was limited.  I ordered the 6 oz sirloin.  It was delicious.  It has been several years since we had eaten at Applebees.  Both Nancy and I were impressed with the food and cost.  We will be back.

At home we watched the news before switching to Acorn.  Tonight we watched another episode of “No Offence”.  It is crude but funny.  

Crescent moon when I checked the Courtyard before bed.  Rain and cold predicted for tomorrow.

We had Veterans Day contact will all three kids.  

Alessandra FaceTimed us this evening.  She filled us in on her love of being on a crew team.

 

 

No comments: