Sunday, August 2, 2020

Friday July 31, 2020

Friday July 31, 2020

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

I slept in until 0645.  Nancy has a mammogram early this morning so no walk for her.  

Calisthenics in basement and then breakfast.  Temperature was in high 60s with sun when left on my bike ride.  Because of construction I chose a new route this morning.  I thought is might be shorter than my normal route.  Wrong! it was mile longer with several bad hills.  

Kim had just arrived to clean when I got home.  Quick shower, dressed.  Lately while Kim cleans Nancy and I take a drive to small cities and villages in the area.

Today we drove to Saugatuck.  We were shocked when we arrived.  The place was jammed.  We had trouble finding a parking place.  Noted a lot of out of state plates.

We spent about an hour walking around.  Walked the boardwalk to see all the boats.  The water in Lake Michigan is really high.  Noted sand bags along some water front stores.

Downtown was wall to wall people.  Most were wearing masks.
Folks just want to get out of the house.  In winter it is called Cabin Fever.

Nancy got a positive report on her test this morning.  Always good news.

Lunch followed by time in office reading the news and writing blogs.  Finished the afternoon with a quick nap.

For dinner tonight we drove to Sundance about 3/4 miles from the Condo.  We sat outside and enjoyed our drinks before ordering.  Tonight we both had the “Michigan Cherry Chicken Salad”.  We both gave the salad at C.  The chicken was tough.

Watched the Brooks and Shield debate on PBS News Hour.  As always Brooks won. 


On Apple TV we watched Absentia.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed and watched Ozark.  I wonder what my Grandparents reaction would be if they watched this show?  Probably burn the TV!

Pleasant evening when I made my 2200 inspection of the garage and front yard.  I always want to check to see in I had left the garage door open.  Worried that a skunk or raccoon might wander in.

We had contact with Debbie and Missy today.

No comments: