Friday, August 28, 2020

August 27, 2020

Thursday August 27, 2020

Blog time 1600 sitting in office

Happy Birthday Nancy.  Nancy Patton Scott was born on this date in Terre Haute, IN.  I met Nancy when she was teaching school in Flint, Mi.  We have been married 55 wonderful years.  Nancy is the light of my life.

Sunrise today was at 0700 the same time I woke up.  It will be hot and very humid all day today.  

Today I continued to increase the intensity of my calisthenics.  I will be back to normal next week.

After calisthenics I had a quick breakfast.  Today I completed my normal 10.5 mile bike ride with little problem.  

Shaved and showered before heading to Panera to get coffee and a croissant.  Panera’s system picked up that today was Nancy’s birthday and she was awarded a free pastry.  I took her home a blueberry scone.

About 1030 I moved my iPad to the deck.  The temperature was already in the 80s but I found a shady spot to read.  Started reading Alpena News and emails before finishing yesterday’s blog.  I moved inside about noon because my shady spot was now in the sun.

At 1300 I drove Nancy to her friend Kathi Kothe’ house.  Kathi is getting ready to sell her house and Nancy is helping her.  Later this afternoon I will pick up some takeout food from Rose’s and we will have an early dinner at Kathi’s.

On way home I stopped at Meijer’s to purchase yogurt, naan bread, vanilla and chocolate putting, ensure and a bottle of wine.  Meijer’s was very crowded.

Quick lunch and then returned to reading today’s news and more back issues of Fortune.  No nap today.

Nancy called me at 1600 and said she had ordered take out from Rose’s and it would be ready at 1645.  Left home at 1630 to make the pickup.

We sat on Kathi’s screened in porch and had a very pleasant dinner.  Kathi fixed us a nice summer drink.  

We got home from Kathi’s at 1930.  We watched a new show on Acorn tonight.  It was not very good which is why I cannot remember the name.  Nancy headed to bed about 1930 and I stayed up and watched a Finnish Cops show on Netflix.  It was good.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed Nancy tonight to wish her a happy birthday.  Nancy was grateful.

Still very hot and humid when I made my final check outside.  Rain expected tonight and all day tomorrow.


No comments: