Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Tuesday August 4, 2020

Tuesday August 4, 2020

Blog time 1220 at Panera:

Up at 0645.  Nancy headed out on her 3 mile walk.  I did calisthenics downstairs before breakfast.

It was cool this morning 55.  I added a light jacket for my bike ride.  Vehicular traffic was light but plenty of bikers and walkers on the trail.

Nancy is having lunch with her college friend Karen Horlings.  Karen is preparing the lunch. She is a great cook.

Today is my childhood friend Tommy Collins birthday.  Tom now lives in San Clemente, Ca.  I will give him a call this afternoon.


High School fall sports schedules are still up in the air.  However, I have seen informal groups of cross country teams out running.  Every morning I pass MVP’s big outside sports fields and note girls participating in lacrosse camps.

Today is Election Day.  I passed a local poling place and it seemed empty.  Most folks must be voting absentee, I am.  

Speaking of voting I have a 100% voting record.  I am proud on that record.

Got home from the 10.4 mile ride at 0930.  Shaved and showered before heading to Panera.

Panera was empty.  Normally 20 to 30 folks are sitting in the dining area.  Lately the number is less than 10.  This has to hurt business.

All our political leaders in Washington seem unhinged.  They spew venomous statements which really are unneeded.  We need a new President and leadership in Congress.  

Got home from Panera at 1300.  Quick lunch and then headed downstairs.

As mentioned earlier, today is Tommy Collins birthday number 81.   To my surprise Tom answered on first ring.  He even recognized my voice.  We had a great talk.  Mostly about childhood adventures in Alpena.  

Tom and family are doing ok.  Like all of us he is tired of staying home.  Tom had a heart attack last year but they put in a couple of stents and he is now feeling great.  Every morning he takes a 4 mile walk.  Spends the rest of the day in the house.  His current activity is doing puzzles.  He is just finishing a 1,000 piece puzzle.  God Bless Tom.

I spent some time writing my monthly letter to the Grandkids.  Today I added a $2 bill so they can buy a treat to celebrate Grandmother Scott’s August birthday.  I walked to the mailbox to post the Grandkids letter.

Took a short nap followed by an apple snack.  Nancy got home from Karen’s at 1600.  They had a great time.

For dinner tonight I drove to Panera to get a bowl of Summer Corn Chowder.  Brought it home and ate it while watching the news.

This evening at 1930 we turned on the Apple TV and watched an episode of “Line of Duty”.   The episode was number 1 of Season 2.  Off to a good start.

Debbie and Missy both FaceTimed us this evening.  Everything ok in MI and CA. 

No comments: