Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 22, 2020

 Saturday August 22, 2020

Blog time 1200 sitting on east end of deck.  Will switch to west end soon.

I think the Surgeon playing with my jaw yesterday caused some pain. I had discomfort after midnight and it was a struggle to make it to my 0200 pain pill time.  The pills work.  No pain this morning.

Up at 0600 to take some more pills (not pain).  Back to bed and got up at 0700.  It was sunny and 60 degrees.  High today will be in high 80s.

Nancy drove to Panera to get our coffee.  I had breakfast of oatmeal with yogurt, banana and a glass of milk.

This morning we drove to Family Foods in the new shopping center in Ada.  We bought salmon for tonight’s dinner.  Also cottage cheese and more pudding.  

We drove around Ada Village and noted all the restaurants that had outdoor seating were filled.  A great morning to sit outside and enjoy breakfast.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I sat outside on the east side of our deck and finished yesterday’s blog and read email.  It is now noon and the temperature is 81.  The sun now covers the entire deck.  I will have to move inside until about 1400 when I can sit on the deck’s west side.

This and that;

Forest and brush fires continue to rage in CA.  The state is drastically short of firefighters.  I remember in October 1961 while attending the Civil Engineering Corps Officer’s school in Port Hueneme, CA our entire class was put on standby to assist in fighting a nearby forest fire if needed.  Luckily we were not called.

GOP convention next week.  Probably more of the same like the Dems convention.

Most High Schools in Mi are still confused about the fall sports schedule.  The only sure thing is that no football this fall.

Lunch and then I spent time catching up on back issues of the many magazines we subscribe to.  The pile is getting smaller.

About 1500 my craving for frozen yogurt overcame me.  We got in the Escape and drove to a local Frosty Boy.  Nancy had a medium dish of soft ice cream and I had a large dish of frozen yogurt. It really hit the spot although I really did not need the large size.  Because of our overindulgence we decided to forego the salmon for dinner.  I just had bread and an Ensure.

Tonight was movie night.  We watched Tinker Tailor Solider Spy on Netflix.  It was good.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave a positive report.

It was still warm when I made my evening inspection outside at 2200.  However, at this time of year the temp drops quickly after the sun goes down.  I did turn the AC off before heading to bed.

No comments: