Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 25, 2020

Tuesday August 25, 2020

Blog time 1230 sitting on deck

Woke up at 0500.  Emptied dish washer and took morning pills.  Back to bed and finally got up at 0730.

Hooray! for this first time in almost a week I felt like exercising.  Did the calisthenics at 50%.  Breakfast and then took a short 7.8 mile bike ride.  I chose a route with few hills.  Felt good.

Showered and shaved as soon I got home.  Dressed and intended to bike to Panera to get coffee and read.   However, it being already warm, 78, I knew Panera would have their AC cranked up.  I don’t like AC.  Parked my bike and drove to Panera.  Bought a coffee and croissant.  Brought it home and sat on deck.  Our deck is very pleasant in the morning.

It is now 1240 and it just started to rain.  No problem because I am sitting under the deck’s overhang.

Had lunch and then started catching up on back issues of Fortune Magazine.  Today I finished all 2019 issues and will try and to be caught up tomorrow.  

I did run some errands this afternoon.  Thursday is Nancy’s birthday so I bought her present.  Stopped Ford Dealer to look at 2020 Ford Focus AWD sedans.  Look good.  

At Macatawa Bank I got money for Kim who cleans on Friday and checked to see how much I have in my accounts.  Not enough for a Focus.

Final stop was D&W Gas station to fill up the Escape.  Gas was $2.07.

Last night Nancy fixed me the last of the Salmon purchased last Saturday.  Also mashed potatoes and spinach pie.  It was very  good.  

Watched some news tonight before switching to Apple TV.  Tonight we watched an Acorn show staring Colin Firth.  It think it is call The Moors, kind of gloomy.  Also watched Wycliffe.  

Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  Everything ok.

This and that;

Tonight was 2nd night of the GOP convention.  Did not watch.

Like everyone in the USA I watched the clip of the shooting in Kenosha.  At first glance I thought the Police were guilty of gross incompetence.  It just looked like a major lack of training.

It was in high 70s when made my 2200 inspection of our yard.  Tomorrow and Thursday the temps will reach 90 before a cool front moves in.

No comments: