Sunday, August 9, 2020

Saturday August 8, 2020

Saturday August 8, 2020

Blog time 1500 sitting in office

Slept in until 0700 this morning.  Looked out the window and nothing but bright sun and a cloudless sky.  Temp was in low 60s.

 This morning we walked to Panera.  Sat outside and drank our coffee.  I also had oatmeal and a bagel.  We had time to plan our day and next week’s activities.

At home I put on my bike clothes and headed out on a 10.5 mile bike ride.  Nancy started the laundry.  Does this seem fair, Nancy works and I take a bike ride?

A lot of couples were walking and riding bikes this morning.  I did see a flock of wild turkeys.

As soon as I got home I shaved, head and face, before my shower.  Dressed and then Nancy and I took a drive.

Nancy has a Doctor’s appointment early Monday morning.  She was unfamiliar with the office location so we made a dry run.  

Today is my sister’s, Helen, birthday.  We gave her a call.  Did you know Nancy and Helen were roommates in college?

Lunch and then headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog, checked email and read the news.  Really not much new in the news, 

Coronavirus is not getting better

No one has figured out how to start school

Except for the explosion in Beirut thing seem quiet in World News.

Have we entered the “Dog Days of August”?  I just Googled this phrase and found “lethargy and indolence tend to reign due to the heat”.  It has been hot all over the world this summer especially the Arctic.  Read that the temperature yesterday in Baghdad was 106.  Now that is hot.

I took a short nap this afternoon followed by a 2/3 mile walk.  This evening for dinner we drove to Cascade Roadhouse.  We sat outside and had drinks and a nice meal.  Very pleasant.

At home we watched a movie on Netflix.  It was called “Erased”.  Nancy gave it a C and I rated it B.  Kind of a Guy film.

Speaking of movies:  the Coronavirus has killed movie theaters.  Some experts say theaters will never return even after a vaccine is found.  I tend to disagree.  Movies are still an inexpensive date.  In my dating days a movie followed by a burger was a great evening.  Also a great place to take the kids on a rainy afternoon.

Both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  We gave a positive report.  

Very pleasant when I checked outside at 2200.  I did note that after 6 months of calls our street light is finally fixed.  


No comments: