Monday, August 31, 2020

August 29, 2020

Saturday August 29, 2020

Blog time 1500 sitting in office.

Once again heavy showers rolled through last night.  Woke up at 0700 and the rain had stopped.  It was a cool 68.

Nancy’s ankle still has not healed fully so no walk to Panera this morning.  We drove.  Sat inside to drink our coffee and for me to eat my oatmeal and croissant.  The place was empty.

After Panera we drove to Trader Joe’s.  We had to stand in line before they would let us in.  There were five folks in front of us and we had to wait 10 minutes before we were allowed in.

Today was Bob’s day at Trader Joe’s.  Our goal was to get some frozen dinners that would comply with my soft food diet.  Not as easy as it sounds.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I headed out on an 11 mile bike ride.   I continue to sing the praises of the weather this summer.  Sun and decent temps all summer. Today was no exception.

This being Saturday I shaved both my face and head before showering.  Lunch and then started my daily reading routine. Took a break to get in a 1/2 mile walk.

At 1700 we drove to Brann’s for dinner.  It had warmed up enough for us to sit outside. We first ordered drinks, a frozen margarita for Nancy and I had a glass of wine.    For dinner I had a bowl of chili and Nancy a Mi chicken/cherry salad.  

To satisfy our sweet tooth we drove to Culver’s.  Nancy had a hot fudge sundae and I had a cup of vanilla frozen custard.

At home we watched an episode of The Case on Acorn.  Talked to Debbie and Missy tonight.  

Nice and cool when I checked outside at 2200.  Weather man tonight said no more 90 degree days this year.  

Brann’s for dinner and watched THE CASE ON ACORN.

No comments: