Monday, July 29, 2019

Sunday July 28, 2019

Week end Update for WE Sunday Jul 28

Blog time 1630 Sunday sitting in living room.

Saturday July 27

Up at 0630.  Another warm sunny day ahead for us.

Nancy and I walked to Panera.  It was freezing inside so we sat outside.  Very pleasant.  I had my standard oatmeal breakfast and Nancy drank a coffee.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I took a 14 mile bike ride.  Took an easy route, the trail was full of walkers and bikers.

After a shave and shower I had lunch.  Spent several hours downstairs reading and finishing blog.

I did take a nap this afternoon.  No apple snack today.

At 1530 we left home and picked up Sonya Everson-Ford our former next door neighbor.  We are having dinner tonight at the newly relocated Euro-Bistro.  It is located in the former Panera about 0.3 mile from the condo.

I had their perch dinner and Nancy had the French onion soup with a salad.  The place is a little pricey.  That said, we gave the food an A.  The place was crowded.
Debbie FaceTimed us this evening.  We highlighted last week’s activities.  

Grandson Lucas is in a baseball tournament in San Diego and Veronica has been keeping us informed.  The team made it to the finals but ran into a super hot team.  

Missy has been sending us photos of AJ enjoying swimming at the Yacht Club.  Looks like every one is enjoying their summer.

We watched an episode of Keeping Faith before heading to bed.  We slept with the AC on.

Sunday July 28

I got up at 0550 and took Ms P out.  It looked like another nice day.  Went back to bed anticipating that I would get up at 0630 so Nancy and I could take our Sunday walk.  Surprise! I got up at 0745.  I asked Nancy why she did not get me up.  Her reply was “you were sleeping so sound I did not want to wake you”.  Ok

Bought a quick cup of coffee at Panera before heading to Trinity Lutheran.  As expected church was not crowded.

Stopped at Meijer’s for supplies.  Gas today was $2.89.  

After unloading the car I drove to the new REI store.  Bought a pair of ZOIC biking shorts.  
At the same time Nancy drove to Talbots’s at Tanger’s and bought a dress for her upcoming 60th HS reunion.  Nancy seldom wears a dress so I was glad when she purchased one.  She looks good in a dress.  In fact I think all women look best in a dress.

Took a nap this afternoon.  We also had our apple snack.

At 1700 we headed out to Bud and Stanley’s Restaurant in Plainfield Twp.  We met the Moleski’s.  Tonight we all had their liver and onions special.  We sat outside.  It was very pleasant.

At home we watched the final episode of Keeping Faith.  Disappointing ending!  I am now looking for a cop show that I can watch after Nancy has gone to bed.  Any suggestions.

Very humid tonight so I left the AC on.  Rain expected tomorrow.






No comments: