Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Monday July 1, 2019

Monday July I, 2019

Blog time 1245 sitting in Fox Ford

Wow, I was first up this morning, 0550.  Took Ms P out.  Looks like another warm sunny day.  High temp today will be 88.

Today a Nurse will stop by and pick up their iPad and other devices Nancy used for her intravenous medicine.  

Today is also the first time that Nancy can take a shower without having to water proof her foot or arm.  A happy day for Nancy.

After breakfast I biked to the Y using my normal 7 mile summer route.  Calisthenics and a walk before heading home.  No Panera.

Home at 0930.  AJ was still sleeping so I called the Ford dealer and arranged to bring the Escape in to get tire fixed.  Bad news, the tire is shot so I ended up replacing all tires.  It’s complicated.

Did not get home until 1400.  Quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed to Meijer’s.  Bought apples, ginger ale and cleaning supplies.

Missy gave us her more info on her time in Chicago.  I drove to our travel agent, Peggy Brummell, and requested Peggy get tickets to Chicago for the three of us.  AJ will fly home with Missy.

Took a short nap followed by Apple snack.  For dinner we had Cheerios.  I also finished the rhubarb sauce.  Probably the last rhubarb until next spring.

FaceTimed with Veronica and Alessandra.  Lucas is attending a church camp.  Alessandra goes to camp later this month.  Sounds like a great summer experience.

During June and early July in my youth I use to work on my Grandfather’s farm.  They needed help getting in the hay.  My Grandfather and Uncle Bill raised beef cattle so they needed a lot of hay.  

I spent a lot of time on a tractor cutting and raking hay.  Long days but I was well fed.  One summer I did spend a week at Boy Scout camp.  Of course it was after all the hay was in.

It was a Netflix evening for us.  I did turn the AC off before going to bed.  We sleep best with the windows open.   


No comments: