Saturday, July 20, 2019

Friday July 19, 2019

Friday July 19, 2019

Blog time 1130 at Panera

I started the night sleeping in the downstairs bedroom.  Wanted to know if I could hear the critters in the wall.  No luck so at 0300 I returned upstairs to my comfy bed.

Nancy and Ms P were up before 0600.  Nancy said it was hot and humid.  I checked and the temp was 80.  Warmest morning temperature this year.

Got up at 0700.  Nancy headed out to her class at MVP.  I left home at 0800 and biked 7 miles to the Y.

Calisthenics and walk at Y before heading to Panera.  Panera as usual was cold but I brought an extra long sleeve shirt.

Finished yesterday’s blog and started reading the news.  We seem to be in a summer news doldrum because I found nothing I want to comment on.

Shower and then lunch.  After lunch Nancy and I headed to Costco for supplies.  Bought eye drops, sandwich thins and Cheerios.  We also shared a frozen yogurt.  Costco was crowded but they had a lot of lanes open so not much of a wait to check out.

It was 90 degrees this afternoon.  The local news outlets spend their entire broadcast on dealing with the heat.  It is almost too much info.  Luckily the heat wave will end late tomorrow.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog we cannot get NBC on our Direct TV.  So now our only local station is ABC.  Direct TV did send us a cheap indoor antenna. I checked the instruction and don’t think it will work.

For dinner Nancy cooked a pot roast in the crock pot.  It was very good.  The meat was especially nice and tender.

We watched the news and Jeopardy before switching to Apple TV.  Watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.


Tonight Nancy will sleep downstairs to see if she can hear the critters in the wall.  The mouse trap has not been sprung.

No comments: