Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Monday April 29, 2019

Monday April 29, 2019

Blog time 1130 at Panera.

I took Ms P out at 0600.  The temp was 48 and I saw a red sky.  Remember “Red Sky in Morning, Sailors take Warning”.  Rain is predicted for this morning.  

Nancy left early for a 0730 class at MVP.  After breakfast I put on my rain suit and headed out into a light sprinkle.  I took my normal summer 7 mile route to Y.

The Y was crowded this morning.  I had trouble finding a chin up bar.  Calisthenics and a walk before heading to Panera.

The rain intensity had increased so the short ride to Panera was uncomfortable.  Finished my weekend blog before started reading the news.  Nancy called me about a light that came on in the Taurus.  It said service car soon.  I will take it in this afternoon to get the oil changed.

It was pouring when I left Panera.  Glad I had rain gear on but my gloves and socks were soaked.  I took a long hot shower as soon as I got home.  Great invention, hot water heater.  We did not have a hot water heater until I was 8.  My mother would boil water in the tea kettle.

Quick lunch and then I headed to Fox Ford to get the Taurus serviced.  I met an old college classmate, Gordon Start, who was also getting his car serviced.  Gordon is my age and still running.  He runs in a lot of local races and usually wins his age group.  I was impressed.

I walked around the showroom and looked at the new models.  If Nancy and I go down to one car I think a Ford Edge would be perfect.  If I bought a car just for Bob I would buy the new Ranger pickup.

It took about an hour to get the car serviced.  At home I;

Fixed our apple snack.
Took a short nap.

Light dinner tonight.  Tonight ran the dishwasher before fixing Nancy her cheese and pill snack.  I had two squares of dark chocolate.  Watched the news and Jeopardy.  The streak continues.

Tonight we watched and episode of Bosch followed by White Dragon.

I woke up near midnight and emptied the dishwasher.  Spent some time reading before going back to sleep.  I don’t think I have had an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep in 15 years.  


No comments: