Friday, April 26, 2019

Thursday April 25, 2019

Thursday April 25, 2019

Blog time 1100 at Panera.

Nancy was up early and took Ms P out.  She said it was nice with no wind.  Today Nancy is swimming at MVP.

I got up at 0630 and did my chin and pull ups before breakfast.  The sun was out when I headed to the Y.  It was a perfect day, mild, 50, with sun and no wind.  The grass is bright green with flowers popping up everywhere.  All the bushes are in bloom.

We now have almost 14 hours of daylight.  I like being able to ride my bike in the morning in bright sun.

The Y’s Spring classes are very popular.  All rooms were full as was the gym.  

At Panera I noted that I had a message.  Nancy told me she had been notified that our power was out.  Third day in a row.

I did read the news but could find nothing I wanted to comment on.  It is over 18 months until the 2020 election.  I am already tired of reading about it.  

I must be totally out of it, but I have no interest in the NFL draft.  My advice to men looking forward to watching this event is to buy a bike or fishing pole.  Have to get out more.

When I got home from Panera we still had no power.  I think the power company is working on a transformer along the old Golf Course fairway.  I opened our downstairs slider and walked over to where I thought the power company was working.  On my walk I encountered three neighbors on their back decks.  Two of the neighbors had just moved in and wanted my opinion on living in “The Meadows”.  I gave a positive response.  Especially about all the green space and critters.  I met more neighbors on this walk than previous ones.  The power came back on during my walk.

Back at home I showered and had lunch.  I then ran errands.

First stop was Meijer’s.  On my birthday I bought Nancy a lottery ticket.  She said it was a winner.  Indeed it was, $50.00.

Next stop was Curtis Cleaners to pick up winter coats and sweaters.  Glad I only do this once a year.  Dry cleaning is expensive.

This evening we are having dinner at the Schnitz Deli in Ada.  Before going I sat in my easy chair to do some reading.  Immediately I fell asleep.  Slept an hour before Nancy woke me.
We got to Schnitz at 1700 and were able to get a table.  I had a bowl soup and Nancy had a Philly cheese steak sandwich.  Of course I ate half the sandwich.  The food was good.  No empty tables when we left.

We watched Jeopardy and saw the streak continue.  The number of viewers has skyrocketed since the winning streak.  The big question can the increased ad revenue cover the winnings of $1, 250,000?

We both watched an episode of Bosch.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched Hanna.


No comments: