Friday, April 5, 2019

Thursday April 4, 2019

Thursday April 4, 2019

Blog time 1135 at Panera 

Up at 0630 this morning.  It was 38 and my weather app said high temp of 47 and cloudy all day.

Nancy headed out for her early swim at MVP.  This evening she is working the 1700 to 2100 shift at the Gardens.  I will drive her.  The Butterfly exhibit is extremely popular.

Breakfast and then headed out to the Y.  I had planned to bike my 7 mile route.  After riding a mile into the wind I said it is too cold.  Took the 4.5 mile route.

Rowing is a great aerobics exercise but boring.  Today for first time in months I ran 0.5 miles.  Running is the best aerobics exercise but will my hip act up later today?

This and that from the news;

What is happening with the stock market?  It keeps going up despite all the bad political news.

Boeing has a serious problem.  It seems to be software.  

Joe Biden is getting a lot of bad press.  As a white male of Biden’s generation, I think his actions were not sexual.  Why didn’t his accusers just say “I feel uncomfortable with your actions”.  I think most men would say sorry and stop, especially a politician.

Did you know that Cricket season starts this weekend in the UK.

Quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed to Costco.  Our trash bag, sandwich thins, cheese, bacon and eye drops supplies had to be replenished.  Thursday is a good day to shop at Costco.  No crowds.

Yesterday Ms P was 15.  Using a 6 to 1 ratio Ms P is now 90 in people years.  Just a nice old lady.

Fixed our apple snack when we got home from Costco.  Always great to have fresh fruit all year long.  In my youth fresh fruit was not available in winter months.  We ate canned fruit.

At 1615 we grabbed Ms P and drove to Meijer’s in a light mist.    Dropped Ms P off at home and drove to Panera.  For dinner I had a bowl of corn chowder and half at tuna fish sandwich.  Very tasty.

I was watching the news on PBS when I got a call from Nancy.  She said attendance was low, probably due to the weather.  We was told she could leave at 2000.  

Grabbed Ms P and drove to the Gardens.  Picked up Nancy and headed home. Traffic on freeway was very light.

Tonight we watched a new series on Prime, Hanna.  The show was given 4.5 stars.  I liked the show but I did not get Nancy’s opinion because she headed to bed half way through.


More rain tonight but should be over by the time I leave.  Temperature will be in mid 30s.  I would prefer 40+.

No comments: