Thursday, April 11, 2019

Wednesday April 10, 2019

Wednesday April 10, 2019

Blog time 1140 at Panera

Breakfast Club Wednesday and I was up with the 0515 alarm.  It was cold, 34, when took Ms P out.

Drove to BC in complete darkness.  I think it will be light next time I drive.  Daylight hours are rapidly getting longer.

After BC I stopped at our travel agent and got info on a train trip to San Francisco.  A cross country train trip is on my Bucket List.

Next stop was the Y.  I did calisthenics and a walk.

At home I told Nancy about the train trip.  Finding the right time is our big obstacle.

I changed clothes and took the shortest bike route to Panera.  It was cold.  Snow predicted for later this week.

This and that;

School competitive Robotics Teams are a big thing.  This week the AHS team is headed downstate for a big competition.

Great jobs for high school’s boys that no longer exist.
Pin setter in a bowling alley.  Several classmates worked in the local bowling alley setting pins.  Good paying jobs with tips.  Automatic pin setters eliminated this job.

Pumping gas.  A great job for car guys.  Usually when things were slow the boss would let them put their junker car on the lift.  I know several guys were amazed that they got paid for something they loved.  The privilege of putting your car on the lift was priceless.  Self serve gas ruined this job.

Several evenings on my 1900 walk I pass a local CPA office.  The parking lot is full.  The lot is also full on Saturdays.  Tax season is in full swing.

I got home at 1300 and Nancy had already left for the Gardens.  I had a quick lunch.

This afternoon;

Gathered and took out trash.
Did a load of laundry.
Took a nap.
As soon as Nancy got home fixed apple snack.
Put 2020 license tag on Escape.

We had a light dinner tonight.  Watched the news and fixed Nancy her cheese and pill snack.

Took a short walk before settling down with a glass of wine.  Tonight we watched a new show on Acorn, Queens of Mysteries.  We can’t figure out if the show is a comedy or crime show.

 Nancy headed to bed and I stayed and watched Traitors.  It was raining when took ms P out at 2200.  Snow later!




  

No comments: