Friday, April 12, 2019

Thursday April 11, 2019

Thursday April 11, 2019
Blog time 1040 at Panera

Looked out the slider at 0200 this morning and our deck was snow covered.  Bummer!

Nancy took Ms P out at 0600.  She said it was cold and windy.

Nancy has a busy morning.  First is her swim at MVP and then she is having lunch with college chum, Karen Horlings.

My big decision this morning, should I take my bike to the Y.  Checked the weather app and found the temp was 32 with wind chill of 19.  Too cold I drove to the Y after breakfast.

Calisthenics, walk, row and shower before driving to Panera.  After getting my coffee and a banana I read the Alpena News and checked emails.  Finished yesterday’s blog and now will read news to see if there is anything I want to comment on.  Stay tuned.

The news;

Assange arrested.
POTUS twitters.
PM May is still in office.
Congress bickers
Winter won’t go away.
The GRP is a no news paper.
If Spring doesn’t get here soon I am moving to CA or AZ.

Yesterday I wanted a lift so I read Great Grandfather Sanborn’s diary for April 11, 1938.  At Ossineke, MI the smelt run was on .  Over 80 cars were parked near Cranberry Creek trying to get in on the big run.  No skill required for catching smelt.  All you need is a big dip net.

Nancy had already left for her lunch with Karen Horlings when I got home.  I had a quick lunch and then drove west to visit Cabella’s and Duluth Trading.  All I bought was a pair of extra long boxer briefs at Duluth Trading.

Back at home Nancy said she had a great lunch with Karen.  I fixed our apple snack before taking a nap.  Finished the afternoon with a 1.5 mile walk.  The 20mph wind made walking unpleasant.

Nancy fixed chili and a salad for dinner.  Tonight we watched the final episode of Queens of Mystery.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched another episode of Hanna.


Thunderstorms tonight and early tomorrow.  Temperature will remain mild. 

No comments: