Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday January 12, 2010

1545: Tuesdays I run to the MAC. I thought we were suppose to have a warm up today but is was super cold this morning. I wore my GPS and my average speed is still above 12' per mile. Yesterday I ran inside and my speed was 9'58" per mile. When I got home I showered and headed to the Kava House. I had time today so I read both the DFP and WSJ. The DFP was full of articles on the auto show. One discouraging article was about the battery life for the new Chevy Volt in cold climates. Normally GM says the Volt has a range of 45 miles on full battery. In cold climates that range decreases to 28 miles. Who wants an expensive electric that can go only 28 miles? The WSJ had an article on how extended cell phone use slows the development of dementia. Maybe I should use my phone more?

When Nancy got home she said that a warning light was on in the Taurus. The message said "5% remaining oil life, change oil soon". The car was scheduled for a March oil change. I took the car in and was told: don't worry about the message. The service man did not reset the gages when the car was originally serviced. I was told to use the sticker on the windshield for scheduling an oil change. In other words don't go by the high tech electronic message but use the low tech sticker.

After my ill fated trip to the Ford garage, I started checking some bridge plans. It is nice to review something that is well thought out. For the evening meal Nancy warmed up some of her homemade vegetable beef soup. It is better warmed up. We ate soup and watched the evening news.

2100: I watch NCIS every Tuesday night. This is the only show that I reserve time for. I came upstairs immediately after the show to finish this blog. I have a busy day tomorrow. At 0700 I have Breakfast Club and at 1400 I have a GRBA meeting. Tomorrow night is Nancy's book club so I will meet with Tom and Ed for pizza.

No comments: