Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday January 7, 2010

2055: We had a fine dusting of snow last night. It was not enough to shovel but I had to put some salt on the hill to make it navigable. I drove to the MAC today. It started to snow very hard about 1000.

After the MAC I headed to the Kava House in heavy snow. I started to read the DFP when Mark a regular at the Kava House stopped by and we started talking. Mark was in Vietnam in the late 60s and we talked about the stupidity of the war. Mark suffered from Post TS as a result of his time in Vietnam and has been living on disability since then. He does not drive and walks to the Kava House. In December his apartment was broken into and a laptop and other items were taken. Mark is still shook up about the B&E. On an upside he has joined a group of veterans from his old outfit. The group has over 500 members and Mark has been emailing old buddies.

After the Kava House I had a quick lunch and then shoveled the drive. I had a 2:15 dentist appointment and had to hurry to make it on time. My teeth are in good shape.

After checking some email I started shoveling the walk. Nancy came out and helped me. After getting the walks cleared Nancy and I headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. On our way home we stopped at Talbots and D&W. Not much on TV so I came upstairs and started writing the blog. It is still snowing so I bet we have to shovel first thing tomorrow. I did get my 30 in, did you?

No comments: