Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday January 14, 2010

2100: This week we have not shoveled snow once. This morning the temperature was above 32. After my at home routine I got in the C2 and headed for the MAC. The MAC had a health scare this morning. A gentlemen had a heart attack. Luckily the MAC has a defibulator and at least four emergency room doctors who are members. The quick response of the MAC staff and a young emergency room doctor revived the man before any damage was done. (debifulator is not in Word's dictionary)

After the MAC I ended up at the Kava House. I read the DFP and the many stories on the earthquake in Haiti. The earthquake was devastating and TV reports from Haiti are riveting. It is truly a worldwide rescue effort.

When I got home I had a quick lunch and then Nancy and I headed to Costco. We bought some supplies but forgot to get the peanut butter. How come we always forget the important stuff? Nancy's car was very dirty and so I headed to the car wash. It was not an original idea. The car wash had been very busy all day.

After the car wash I took a 1.5 mile walk so I could get my 30 in. Tonight, it being Thursday, we headed to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. Unlike past Thursdays the place was empty. Nancy and I got home in time to watch the news. Of course the major story was the ongoing rescue effort in Haiti.

I did watch the Mentalist with Nancy and then after the show we headed upstairs. It is suppose to drizzle all night so tomorrow morning we might have icy roads. I hate January thaws. Nancy and I have made a note to call DLS tomorrow because it is her birthday.

No comments: