Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friday January 30, 2009

We got up early today, looked out the window, and noted we had to shovel. Two inches of snow fell overnight. After we completed shovelling we loaded up the Aztek and headed for SC. I got about 5 miles on the road and wondered if I had shut off the electric blanket. Nancy said I would not be happy unless I knew the blanket was off. We turned around and of course the blanket had been turned off. Breakfast was at Dunkin Donuts.

The roads were bad in Kent County. We passed several cars in the ditch. Our route took us through Ann Arbor and Toledo and south towards Dayton. We headed towards Columbus and got on I 70 east. Ohio has a lot of what looks like prime farm land. We hooked up with I 77 and headed south. I have never been in WV. So I added another star to my collection. We spent Friday night at a Comfort Inn just south of Charleston, WV. We had travelled over 600 miles. It was a pleasant drive. We are not yet out of the snow.

I am taking a break from reporting on GG and Ossineke, MI. I don't think GG travelled much and I am sure he had never been to WV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He may never have been to WV, but he sure can climb stairs.