Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday February 21, 2009

It was cold, clear and dry when Nancy and I headed to the MAC at 0700. When I got to the MAC I took a 7K walk around the MAC neighborhood. It was clear and cold. After my shower I looked out the window and we had received about 1" of snow in 1/2 hour.

After the MAC Nancy and I headed for home to pick up Tasha. We had breakfast at Arnie's. Since Petunia will stay with us while Tasha prepares for her trip to stan we had to get some dog food and a pooper scooper.

Tasha's friend Audrie from Budapest is in town visiting her parents. She brought her 2 kids with her. We grabbed Petunia and headed for Audrie's parents home. It was a pleasant visit. We saw pictures of Audrie's new home in the suburbs. It was very modern. Of course Petunia was a hit with the kids. When we got home I had to shovel the drive and sidewalk.

This evening Tasha wanted to have dinner at the Beltline Bar. We went early (5PM) because we did not want to wait for a table. We waited 20 minutes. They place was jammed. We got home and I again shovelled the walk. When I was a boy neither snow blowers or light weight plastic snow shovels were available. All shovels were metal.

Tasha and Nancy watched TV and I fell asleep in my chair. I just checked outside (10 PM) and it has stopped snowing. We want the roads to be clear for Tasha's trip home to Cleveland.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG noted that is was 20 degrees all day. He commented that there was trouble in Europe. The British Cabinet had resigned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh... I wonder what happens next in Europe. Is a war on the horizon? I guess I'll have to stay tuned to find out.