Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday February 19, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0555 and I get Nancy her morning coffee. I hurry and get my home exercises done so we can head to the MAC at 0750. After the MAC we head home so I can meet Rick DeVries for lunch. We had lunch at the Cheri Inn. Rick brought me up to date on how GR might benefit from the stimulus package. It is very confusing and complicated. We both agree that congress should have added $0.30 a gallon to the gas tax and funded highway improvement through this revenue source instead of borrowing money.

The afternoon Nancy and I went shopping for some paper products for next Friday's neighborhood party at our house. We now have all the materials we need.

I took a short nap and then took a 2 mile walk. Nancy and I had dinner at Great Lakes Shipping. Not much on TV tonight that I enjoy. I did watch My Name is Earl. It is getting old.

I checked Weather.com today as regard GR weather. Did you know that we have 1 hour and 40 minutes more day light than on Dec 21. Our shortest day is 9 hours and today we have 10 hours and 40 minutes. Also the average high is now above 32 degrees although our median temperature is 26 degrees. Spring is on the way. I got my 30 in did you?

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG has the winter blues. He only noted that it was cold (10) with no snow.

No comments: