Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday February 24, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0555 and I take Petunia out so she can do her bidness. Nancy and I head for the MAC at 0800. I was having a coffee at the MAC and talking to Dr Schwaderer and we were talking about our home towns. Dr S is from Cass City and he said that his cousin, George, was a civil engineer from Caro, MI. Both cities are in Michigan's thumb. George worked for my father in Alpena in the late 50's. He later moved to Alaska to work for their highway department. Dr S's father was a road contractor and did a number of projects around Alpena.

After the MAC Nancy and I head to the DRs. After the DR we head to Blodgett so Nancy can work in the gift shop. I pick her up at 1:30. I did take a quick nap this afternoon. I also took Petunia on the second of three walks around the block. After Petunia's walk I took a 3 mile walk.

Tonight I was watching NCIS ,my favorite show, and I feel asleep. I will have to wait for reruns. Presently I am watching the President give his State of the Union speech. The first State of the Union address message I heard was in 1961. JFK was the president.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. GG drove his daughter Julia to the Alpena Court House. Julia's husband Guy drove home with them. GG got a flat tire and Shultz fixed it. GG worked in the Post Office in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to read that Petunia is in great hands.