Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday November 5, 2008

All hail!, the silly season is over. In Michigan, the Democrats totally creamed the Republicans. We had 2 state wide proposals on the ballot. Legal marijuana for sick folks and stem cell research. Both proposals passed, despite the best efforts of the religious right.

Today was another sunny warm day. The high temperature was 73. This is November in Michigan?

I had a 1000 appointment to get my stitches removed. It took about 5 minutes.

I took advantage of the nice weather to go kayaking. I put in on the Flat River at South County Line Road in Montcalm County. It was great.

When I got home Nancy reminded me that we were going to a paper product sale. The annual sale is held in the factory of Designer-Designer. The sale started at 5:30. We got there at 5 and the line was already a block long. I held the bag as Nancy purchased various paper items. I felt out of place because the crowd was about 98% female. We spent 1 hour at the sale.

The news this evening was all about the election. It was nice to hear all the positive reactions overseas. The last time we had young children in the White House was when JFK was president.

I did predict that the election would be decided by young people (young being the age of my children). Young people voted and major changes were made. The USA is no longer an euro-centered nation. I think this is good. Now just bring the troops home.

No comments: