Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday November 3, 2008

I love the end of DST because now my ride to the MAC does not require a light. The weather guy is very confused. We had brilliant sunshine and warm temperatures (60+) today, November 3. The outdoor patio at the Kava House was full.

After running several errands I headed for Reeds Lake. The lake was smooth. I love to paddle on the lake this time of year because all of the docks have been taken in and I can get close to shore. Also there are no jet skis or pleasure boaters.

We had rain last night so it was too wet to rake leaves or cut the grass. Tomorrow Nancy and I will work in the yard.

Election day eve has finally arrived. I can remember in 1948, Dick Kurrash, a cool high school guy (mayors son), showed us 10 year old kids his big bottle of red pop. Dick said that every time he heard about a vote for Dewey he would take a swig. I don't think he finished the bottle. Did you know Dewey was from Owosso, MI and a graduate of UM?

Although Nancy and I have voted we are very interested in some local races. So like everyone else in the USA we will be watching the returns. I will be especially interested to see if California votes to eliminate small houses for egg laying chickens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only problem with the end of DST is that it is DARK at 5pm.. which is depressing (in my opinion).

I would prefer sunshine and daylight for the majority of the time.