Friday, November 28, 2008

Thursday November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in CA. I started with coffee at Starbucks. Yes Starbucks was open on Thanksgiving. The weather was cool and cloudy. LA woke up in a good mood. I had the opportunity to play with him in the morning.

At 1130 we piled into SPS's van and headed for downtown SJ. His van was big enough to hold, Nancy, Sasha, Vera, LA, SPS and yours truly. Dinner was at the Fairmont in San Jose. The food was presented in buffet style. The food was great. I had traditional turkey and dressing. The others had a more mixed meal, eggs Benedict, roast beef, etc.

After dinner we walked around downtown SJ. They had all the displays up for Christmas in the park.

When we got home I took a well deserved nap. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and snacking. We had chips and dip, a sandwich tray from Costco and of course some beer.

In 1961 I had Thanksgiving dinner at the BOQ, Pearl Harbor Naval Base. I remember I had to wear my uniform. The weather was very tropical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

polyester uniforms and tropical weather do not mix well.

Sounds like you had a nice turkey day.