Saturday, March 4, 2023

March 3, 2023

 Friday March 3,  2023

Blog time Saturday Morning at 1140.

I left our new bedroom blinds partially open last.  This morning I got up with the sun in my eyes, 0645.  

Today Nancy left early for her morning swim at MVP.  I fixed my oatmeal breakfast and waited until the sun warmed things up.  Today I took my bike to MVP.  I was surprised MVP was empty.  

After the workout I showered, lotioned up before getting on bike and heading home.  Total bike miles today was 7.5.

After lunch I sat down to read and write my blog.  Boom!  My iPad was invaded with spam.  I could not get rid of it so I shut everything down.  

Monday I am hiring a guru to look over all our iPads and laptops.  We will also changed passwords.  I think we should shoot all spammers.

This and that;

I cannot believe that in 2024 we will have the same old guys running for President.  Surely we can do better.

Weather folks say a big storm coming late this afternoon.

I haven’t started my taxes yet.  The move scattered all my financial papers.  Some are still in boxes.

Since our move we have spent more time in social gatherings.  That is good, I think.

This afternoon at 1600 we headed to Pietros for a surprise 80th birthday party for Bill Masten.  The party was well attended.  Nancy and I knew most of the attendees. Some attendees were:

Of course the Masten’s, their sons Jason and Darin.  Darin was a classmate of our son Steve.

Jim and Pat Haskin.  Their son Dan was a classmate of Darin and Steve.

Dr Schwader and his wife:  the Doc’s son Chris was in daughter Missy’s class.  He was one of many Albion alumni.

Doug and Kathy Vance:  their son Simon was also a classmate of Darren and Steve.

Carol Masten ran the Michigan Athletic Club for many years.  A lot of her staff was in attendance.

The food provided by Pietros was very good, especially the birthday cake. Nancy and I had a great time talking with old friends.

When we left I had to wipe over an inch of new snow on car.  At home we watched an episode of Whitstable Pearl.  I slept through most of it.

I did FaceTime Debbie to ask her some questions on my Apple problems.  

The snow had stopped when I checked outside before bed.



No comments: