Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 20, 2023

 March 20, 2023

First Day of Spring

Blog time 1930 sitting in den

Up this morning at 0705.  Sunrise today at 0744.  Sunset at 1954.  12h10’ of daylight.

Temperature in high 20s with some wind so no bike this morning.  Nancy headed out early for her morning swim at MVP.

Oatmeal breakfast with raisins, dressed and drove the Fusion to MVP.  This morning I did my normal routine except I added a 10 minute stationary bike ride.  Showered shaved and headed to Panera on Lake Eastbrook.  Had coffee and baguette.  Read the Michigan papers.

On way home I stopped at Forest Hills Foods.  Bought a package of raisins and a strawberry/yogurt/granola fruit cup for breakfast.  I am getting tired of oatmeal.

When I got home the temperature was above freezing and the sun was out.  Got on my bike and took a short 6 mile ride. A very pleasant ride. Biking is the only aerobic exercise I do without any hip pain.

Lunch and then a short nap. 

Before dinner we attended the evening cocktail hour in the Harbor Inn.  At 1800 we walked to the Main Dining area.  Tonight it was just Bob and Nancy having dinner.  Nancy had soup, salad and a dinner roll.  I had the salmon.  All very good.

Tonight we watched the tail end of the news.  We also watched another episode of “Liverpool”. We gave the show poor marks.

Looked out window before bed.  It was clear and above freezing.  Tomorrow will be a good bike day.

No comments: