Tuesday, April 5, 2022

April 4, 2022

 Monday April 4, 2022

Blog time 1050 sitting in Panera


Up this morning at 0700.  Looked outside and it was raining.  Temperature in low 30s.  We were under Winter Weather Advisory until noon.  


I have a 1300 Doctor’s appointment today so no Y.  I will do all calisthenics at home.  


Nancy this morning for the first time in days is going to MVP.  She will only walk on the treadmill.  She is still not back to normal but wants to do some moderate exercise.  


Nancy left at 0800 and called me when she arrived at MVP.  After her 1.5 miles on treadmill she headed home.  She did stop at Panera for coffee.  


I completed my exercise routine and then showered.  Breakfast before heading to Panera.  


It was snowing when left for Panera.  Today instead of an individual baguette I bought entire loaf.  Bad decision, who needs that much bread.  I will take half the load home.


This and that:


The Detroit News today had an article on the declining enrollment of Central Michigan University.  In my youth the school was called Central Michigan College and before that Central Michigan State Teachers College.  


Central Michigan was very popular with my high school classmates.  


The Russians are not winning any friends with their retreat in Ukraine.  Why hasn’t the EU and USA taken stronger action.  Our President comes across as being very timid.  Not exactly what we want in a leader.


Our terrible March weather has sure put a damper on Spring High School sports.


I only have one bird feeder in use.  I am amazed at the difference species of small birds that use the feeder.

I will not vote for any GOP candidates endorsed by Trump!


Got home from Panera at 1215.  


Nancy went with me to my visit with Dr Winkle.  The Doc checked my nose for polyps. He is going to prescribe nose spray with steroids.  This is contrary to what the previous ENT doctor prescribed.  He thinks my balance problem is not sinus infection but just old age.  I was confused when I left.


Dr Winkle also looked at Nancy’s left ear.  She has hearing loss and it feels blocked.  Once again the Doc said no infection in ear.  Not much he can do except give Nancy a hearing test.


Our experience with the Doctor was not positive.  I hope it is just poor communication skills.


On way home we stopped at our tax preparer.  He gave us our completed taxes and explained how much we owe.  I was not surprised.  We signed the papers to let him e-submit our taxes.


At home I talked with our security firm, EPS, about paying our bill on line.  It was very confusing so I said I will pay by mail.  Wrote out check and drove to nearest mail box.  Stopped at Macatawa to get money for Kim who cleans on Thursday.


I put a mineral block out in the back yard for deer.  This afternoon for first time in weeks we had four deer feeding.  


After all this activity Nancy said I needed a nap.  I complied! 


Monday night dinner was cheerios with blueberries.  Finished the meal with two oatmeal cookies.


After the news we watched the first 2 episodes of a new show on Acorn.  The show is called “Harry Wild” starring Jane Seymour.  I gave it an A.


Light rain when checked Courtyard before bed.  Tomorrow will be cold but no wind or rain so I will be able to bike.



No comments: