Thursday, April 21, 2022

April 20, 2022

 Wednesday April 20, 2022


Blog time 1000 at Panera


Wednesday, my easy day.  Up at 0700.  First thing I do lately is put drops in Nancy’s right ear.  It has been a week and she does not see much improvements.


This morning Nancy is going swimming at MVP.  This afternoon she is working at gardens.


Being my easy Wednesday I do my entire calisthenics routine at 50%.  It took 28 minutes.


It was sunny but cold this morning, 27.  Not much wind so I decide to ride my bike to Panera.  I will have my breakfast at Panera.


At Panera ordered oatmeal and a toasted blueberry bagel.  Panera’s oatmeal is very good.  Read the local papers and finished yesterday’s blog.  


The Squaw Bay renaming controversy.  


Our friends in the Federal government think Squaw bay, a small bay located on Lake Huron south of Alpena needs to have a name change.   According to the Feds the name Squaw is hurtful to native Americans.  Most local folks have never heard complaints. The name, squaw, has been around since the area has been settled.  


So a process is now underway to rename the bay.  Send your preferred name to the Feds.  Another example of the Feds wasting our money!


Took the long route home.  Total bike miles today. 10.


At home:


Lunch, load of laundry, take out trash and nap.


Nancy got home from Gardens at 1700.  She said they were busy.


Cereal for dinner.  Watched the news before switching to Acorn.  Watched an episode of “Chelsea Detective”.  Good light show.


It had started to rain when checked Courtyard before turning in.  Rain most of night and tomorrow morning.  Temperature in low 40s.

No comments: