Thursday, March 17, 2022

March 16. 2022

 Wednesday March 16, 2022

Blog time 1300 sitting at Starbucks at Woodland Mall. Using iPads screen to write blog.

Today is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  Up with 0530 alarm.  Did a few calisthenics before dressing and heading out.

It was pitch black but a bright full moon was visible.  Made a quick stop at Biggby for a small coffee to take with me.  I am glad my Eye Doctor gave me nighttime glasses because I needed them today.  The freeway was bumper to bumper.  Heaviest traffic I have seen in two years.  Folks must be back to work in office.

The speaker at today’s BC was a neighbor, Harry Jones.  Harry is 86 and a leader in the Boy Scouts.  He has been a Boy Scout since he was 9.  

In recent years the Scouts have had major problems not unlike the Catholic Church with its wayward priests.  Harry explained the current condition of the Scouts.  They are recovering.  Several changes have helped.  Girls can now become scouts, rigid training for leaders.

After BC I headed home, changed into bike clothes and took a 7.5 mile ride. Showered and then drove to Woodland Mall to the Apple store.  I bought Apple’s standard cover for my iPad Pro.  This cover is much lighter than my super duper keyboard.  I am trying to lighten my backpack’s load.  

At home I used my new cover to elevate iPad’s screen to type.  It works great.  The screen’s surface is big enough for both keyboard and text.  

I spent time today taking care of trash and recyclables.  Did a load of laundry before lunch.  Finished the afternoon with a nap.

For dinner tonight I had cheerios with blueberries and 1/2 scone.  Watched the news before switching to BritBox.  We watched “Sister Boniface” and a husband and wife detective show.  Both were terrible.  Gave them a D.

Checked Courtyard before bed.  The bright full moon is called the Worm moon.  Spring time brings out worms.  Food for birds.

Warm weather sunny weather continues for one more day. 


No comments: