Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February 28, 2022

 Monday February 28, 2022

Blog time noon at Panera

Up at 0700.  Nancy spent a restless night because of foot pain. When I got her up she said the pain was gone.  Later she will go swimming at MVP.

I have a 1400 appointment with the Hip Doctor.  Nancy wants to come with me which is probably a good idea.

Today is the last day of February and most meteorologists consider it the last day of winter.  

I did my at home calisthenics, and watched the morning TV news to see what was happening in Ukraine.  Not good but the Ukrainians are sure getting praise for their brave stand.

Oatmeal breakfast before heading to the Y.  The Y was crowded because most folks are on a MWF schedule.  Calisthenics, stationary bike and short walk before shower.  

After Y I drove to Panera.  As usual I ordered coffee with two small baguettes.  Read the local papers, checked email and finished yesterday’s blog before heading home.

Quick lunch and then at 1330 we drove to hip doctor.  Nancy accompanied me into our visit with Dr Johnson.  The Doctor took an X-ray of my left hip.  We reviewed the x-rays with the Doctor.  

My left hip was bone on bone.  After a brief discussion I decided to have the hip replaced.  Surgery is scheduled for May 26.  I was relieved that a decision was made.

We stopped at D&W on way home to buy naan, coleslaw, and bananas.  Also bought a beef sandwich for dinner tonight.

Spent the rest of afternoon catching up on some reading.  For dinner tonight I had the beef sandwich with coleslaw.

We watched the NBC news and then switched to Netflix and watched episode 2 of the Harlan Coben show “Stay Close”.

It was slightly above freezing when checked Courtyard before bed.  The temperature will remain above freezing until late Tuesday evening.

No comments: