Monday, March 14, 2022

March 13, 2022

 Sunday March 13, 2022

Blog time 1745 sitting in office.

Up at 0645.  Because of DST I needed an alarm.  Dressed and headed to Biggby to get our morning coffee.  It was cold, 14, with a light snow.  Warmup will start later this afternoon.

At home, oatmeal breakfast and then dressed for church.  I did have time to read the comics and fill bird feeders before heading out.

Despite the snow, church was crowded this morning.  Associate Pastor Bob gave the Homily.  It was quite good.

Today after church we drove to Lowell. Stopped at Farm and Fleet.  I bought a solid mineral block to set outside for the deer. In a perfect world the deer should just take several licks from the block to get essential minerals. 

On this date in 1938, Great Grandfather Sanborn wrote in his diary: it was Sunday, overnight thaw so water over roads. GGF and GGM had dinner with my Scott Grandparents in Hubbard Lake.  They were home by 1600. Quiet day in Ossineke, Mi.

Late lunch and then my Sunday nap.  After nap I set out mineral block and picked up empty cobs.  I quit feeding deer last week so anticipate this was my last cob pickup.

Read the newspapers today and they all claim that the covid pandemic is almost over.  The war in Ukraine is getting bitter. Don’t think President Biden has stated the USA’s position forcefully enough.

For dinner tonight I has two scrambled eggs with a scone and blackberries.  After the dishes it was still light outside so I took a mile walk.

Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  Spring must be coming to northern Ca because she has been taking long walks with Violet. 

Tonight we watched an episode of “Republic of Doyle”.  It is filmed in either St Johns, New Brunswick or St John Newfoundland.  Either way the town is very attractive.  A visit is on our Bucket List.

Checked Courtyard at 2200.  Everything ok.  Temp above freezing and will remain above freezing all night.  Good sign!


No comments: