Saturday, March 12, 2022

March 11, 2022

Friday March 11, 2022

Up this morning at 0700.  Looked out window and we had a layer of new snow.  Unlocked the garage and shoveled the courtyard walk.  The temperature was 19.  32 degrees will be our high today.

Calisthenics before oatmeal breakfast.  Filled bird feeders and then headed to Y.

The Y was very crowded today.  Luckily the only equipment I use is a chin-up bar.  Despite the crowd I never had to wait to use bar.  In additions to chin-ups and pull-ups I also do sit-ups and pushups. Finished workout with 3 miles on stationary bike.  Showered before heading to Panera.

 Panera once again was cold.  However, today I got an email asking me to evaluate the my local Panera.  I took this opportunity to comment on the lack of heat. 

Read the papers and finished today’s blog before starting todays.  The national news today was about:

The USA’s response to Russia’s attack on Ukraine.  Many elected officials are pressing the President to me more aggressive.  

Masks are coming off in most areas of the country.

Michigan’s GOP legislators want to reduce the gas tax.  They claim it will help folks because of high gas prices.  Good grief are roads are full of potholes.  This is outright pandering.  Governor Whitmer to her credit said she will veto any reduction.  Good move Gov.

At home lunch.  Nancy and I spent the afternoon pitching old files.  We must have 30# of paper.  

Toast and blueberries for dinner.  Watched the news and then switched to Acorn.  Watched episode 1 of “The Chelsea Detective”.  It was 90 minutes and I gave it a B.

It has been cold most of the day today.  Temps will drop to low teens tonight.

Checked Courtyard at 2200 and temp was already 19 with a light snow.  Brr!

No comments: