Friday, March 11, 2022

March 10, 2022

 Thursday March 10, 2022

Blog time 1130 at Panera.

Up at 0700.  It was 25 and high temp today will be 32.  Is this our last below freezing day this year?  No!

Nancy headed out at 0800 for a class at MVP.  I did the at home stuff before my oatmeal breakfast.  Filled bird feeders before heading to the Y.

It is Thursday so the Y was not crowded.  Calisthenics and 3 miles on stationary bike.  Showered before heading to Panera.

Today Kim is cleaning. She usually finishes about 1300 so I took my time at Panera.  

At home, Nancy and I started our big push to reduce the amount of paper we have in our file cabinets.  Who needs bank statements from 2004.  Started going through Nancy’s files.  We threw away 90% of the paper we reviewed.  It took us several hours.  Tomorrow I will clean out my files.

Macatawa Bank in April is have a free shredding day.  They will shred all the paper we bring in.  We already have two big garbage bags.  

Dinner with Paul Chardoul and wife Connie this evening at Bluewater Grill.  We left home at 1800.  We were seated at 1830.  

Paul and I have a lot in common.  He is a year younger, went to Flint Central HS which Alpena HS played football against in 55 (it was a tie).  Graduated from UM and was a Naval officer during Vietnam.  

Connie and Nancy met at MVP.  They both attend the same classes.  Nancy and Connie were both born in 42 and grew up in midwestern states.  Connie in Wi and Nancy in In. 

We had a great time talking, eating and drinking.  The food at Bluewater is great.  I had the scallops and Nancy a salad.  We also split an appetizer of Baja shrimp.  A very enjoyable evening.

We got home too late to watch any TV.  Finished reading the GRP before heading to bed.

Checked Courtyard at 2200.  It was snowing lightly.  Temperature will reach teens this evening.  It will be colder on Saturday.  I hope this will be our last cold weekend of the season.



No comments: