Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 31, 2020

 Monday August 31, 2020

Blog time 1220 at Panera

I was up at 0630 this morning.  Nancy headed out on a 2 mile walk.

Calisthenics at 75% and then breakfast.  It was sunny but cool, mid 50s, for my ride.  A lot of folks out walking and biking this morning.

Our TV weather people say that today is the last day of meteorological summer.  Sad.

At home quick shower before biking to Panera.

Panera has still not returned to pre Coronavirus levels.  Only about 30%.  Has to be tough on a business.

This and that;

I keep getting notices from My Heritage of long lost cousins.  The majority are 3rd-5th cousins.  Most live in the USA, Canada, U.K. and Ireland.  Yesterday one lived in Norway.  Glad I had my DNA test.  I get more hits via My Heritage than either Ancestry or 23 & me.  Yes folks I had three test done.

I have been reading great reviews about Schitt’s Creek.  Sunday night Nancy and I watched two episodes.  It must be generational because Nancy and I thought it was terrible.  I generously gave it a D-.

What motivates the rioters in Portland.  You would think the folks would run out of gas.  The Mayor has done a poor job protecting his city.  

Our President has done a terrible job being a uniter.

Yesterday we had a census worker stop by.  They wanted info on our next door neighbor.  We have not seen them in several weeks.  I think their permanent residence might be in Florida.

I was pleasantly surprised that our names were on the Census Bureaus data base.  I completed the census form on line several months ago.  The census worker had our data on her handheld.  Impressive.

This mornings Alpena News had an article on the Census in NE MI. In the four county area only about 40% have been counted.  Very difficult in poor rural areas to contact folks.  Many areas are without internet.  The area will suffer financially if undercounted.

At home lunch and then started some errands;

First stop was Kent County CU.  I emptied my money market.  I need to purchase a car so I am withdrawing from the CUs.  I also stopped at Lake Michigan CU and made a withdrawal.

Stopped at our regular bank and made a deposit.

Purchased gas at Meijer’s.  Gas was $2.09. In the main store I bought yogurt, sugar free cookies, vanilla and chocolate pudding cups and mini naan.  My snack food while one my soft food regime.

At home I paid our third tax installment.  Walked to Post Box to mail taxes.

I had oatmeal for dinner tonight.  Tonight we watched an episode of The Trial followed by Wycliffe.  It was very humid when checked outside at 2200.  Looked for the super moon but too cloudy.



No comments: