Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 21, 2020

 Monday September 21, 2020

Blog time 1212 at Panera

Up at 0645.  Nancy took a short mile walk before heading to MVP for morning class.  I did my chin-ups and pushups before breakfast.

The sun was up when I left home at 0810.  It was 42 but I now know how to dress for my 7 mile bike ride to the Y.  No turkeys or mammals today.  The maples are starting to show bright red colors. 

The Y was not crowded.  I think having to wear a mask and no showers are encouraging folks to work out at home.

At home showered and then headed to Panera.  Drank my coffee, read news, emails and finished yesterday's blog. Got home at 1300.  

Quick lunch and then Nancy and I got in Escape and drove to Meijer's.  I picked up prescription.  The cost of the prescription that I have been taking for many years increased this year from $25 to $37.50.  We also bought white bread, yogurt, suet for birds and tooth paste.

At home Nancy and I filled up Escape's back end with 6 big bags of unwanted clothes.  She is giving the clothes to a friend whose church will distribute them.

I took the Fusion to D&W gas station for a fill up.  Gas was less than $1.60.  Next stop was Fox Ford.  Needed a new battery for the Escape's key.  Also ordered mats for the Fusion's trunk.

Stopped at Home Depot and bought safety glasses to use when riding my bike.  Safety glasses will protect eyes from pebbles thrown up by passing cars.

This and that;

The Stockmarket continues to tank.  Folks in the know say it is because of discouraging news on the Coronavirus.

Schitt’ s Creek big Emmy winner.  Nancy and I watched an episode and thought it was geared to young folks.  We thought it stupid.

Hurricane heading to Gulf Coast before they have chance to clean up from last storm.  Residents must feel snake bit.

The western forest fires continue.  Weather folks say the smoke plume will be over GR tomorrow.

The UK and EU are having a surge of new cases of the Coronavirus.

Russia says their vaccine is ready for use.  Would you use the Russian vaccine?  

Finished the afternoon with a short nap followed by a walk.

For dinner Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs.  I had mine on a waffle.  Also blueberries and cottage cheese.

After the news we watched an episode of The Sound on Acorn.  Both Debbie and Missy Facetimed us this evening.  

Checked outside at 2200.  The temperature will drop to mid 40s tonight.

No comments: